Your skin is like a canvas with a magnificent image that surrounds your whole body, and acne is like an unwanted paint that stains your image. It’s an imperfection that can be concealed or removed but will leave off scars, however, it can still be fixed methodically. It’s worth noting that acne is one of the most common problems that teenagers in the Philippines can encounter, and acne scars can be an after effect that would need treatment.
Acne scars leave three types of scars, and these are:
- Ice Pick – These scars are like tiny dots but with deep pits.
- Boxcar – These are rough scars that form a sharp angle. They can either be shallow or deep.
- Rolling – These scars are wavy and could be wide or even shallow.
Ways to Treat Acne Scars
Again, WebMD says there’s more than one treatment for acne scars, and all those are aimed to smooth your skin. It’s called Skin Resurfacing which aims to remove damaged skin layers to pave the way for a new and healthy skin.
You may have read or heard acne scar treatments are generally painless. To see is to believe, so take a sigh of relief as you’ll see videos of the procedures that are 100% painless to watch, except for the surgery part.
While the following videos are mostly foreign, these treatments are widely available in the Philippines, too:
- Laser Treatment – As the name implies, a laser is used to create a more even surface to your skin, and a session can take about 30 minutes to complete.
- Dermabrasion – Is an exfoliating treatment wherein the layers of the skin are removed with a rotating wheel with a rough surface.
- Chemical Peel – A chemical solution is applied to the skin which causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. This treatment is good for deeper scars and the result would be a smoother skin.
- Fillers – The doctor puts a filler from either collagen or fat into the damaged area with a needle. It puffs up the skin under the scar to smooth it out. The process must be repeated from time to time because your body absorbs the filler.
- Rolling/Needling – The doctor rolls a device covered in tiny needles (Derma roller) over your skin which stimulates the tissue under your skin, therefore promoting growth.
- Surgery – Is done for bad acne scars and cysts. The doctor cuts away or loosens the scars, then, the area is repaired with stitches or a skin graft.
While surgery is a painless procedure thanks to anesthesia, it certainly isn’t pleasing to watch, so click the link to the video at your own discretion.
Now Have That Acne Treated
Now that you have an idea of which acne scar treatment you could try, it’s time to find a dermatologist that could perform these treatments on you. There are plenty of derma clinics around the Philippines so read reviews, check for prices, and do background checks on the doctors to ensure a successful treatment.